Saturday 1 November 2014

The Balm Mary Lou Luminizer


The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer is a product that has been circulating as cult for an awful long time but I kept forgetting to try it - since I can't walk into a shop and pick up bits from The Balm it's just all the effort of remembering to order stuff online - but I finally did remember and slipped it into an ASOS basket - bonus of student discount there too!

I was a little bit apprehensive when I saw just how glittery this stuff looks in pan, not to mention the fact it looked a bit American Tan as well, but none of that transfers to the face.

What does transfer is a beautiful glow, one that catches the light and looks incredibly pretty but it doesn't give the Edward Cullen effect, it gives that 'I'm really healthy, sleep eight hours a night and drink tonnes of water' look. 

You can build it up though, I have it on the inner corner of my eyes in this photo as well as on my cheekbones and I've built it up to give a more distinct colour - more than you'd really want on the cheeks - but it's still not overboard.

The glow lasts all day too, you look just as healthy at the end of the day as at the beginning, which is always a good thing and at £16 I feel that the price point is really fair, nowhere near as high as some of the other highlighters out there but one I'm more than happy to pay for a product that delivers the way this does, not to mention that comes in such incredible packaging!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, glad you're loving this- it's definitely on my wishlist! Gives you such a pretty glow :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete